Monday, February 28, 2011

Leonardo da Vinci's Drawings

A drawing of a flying machine
If you didn't take my advice about joining Stumble upon you really honestly should! It is an awesome website that piles all of your interests in one spot and takes you from website to website of your interest. It is a great way to pass the time and to procrastinate from doing homework!

Drawing of studies of the shoulder and neck
Actually this website has helped me with my homework including my blog. Recently I stumbled upon a gallery of all of Leonardo da Vinci's drawings. Not only is this really sweet but it directly correlated to by blog topic! One of his more famous drawings is actually depicted in the background of my blog; The Vitruvian Man. Check out some of others and click the link for more!

A lot of these drawings are of human beings and the internal aspects of our bodies. Some historians say that da Vinci would actually rob graves in order to dissect the human body while others declare that he paid grave robbers to bring him his subjects to study.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1QMIoP/www.drawingsofleonardo.org

No comments:

Post a Comment